Family Support Program
Every child needs someone to support and protect them as they grow. But many parents face hardships that prevent them from giving proper care. That’s where we step I and study every child’s situation and come up with a solution tailor made to suit their individual needs. From counselling to skills development, parents are empowered with the resources they need to overcome their difficulties. With strong families, children and young people can receive the care and support they need to thrive.
We help families stick together.
Rescue the Poor Uganda works to help families stay together through our family strengthening program. We understand that the absence of a stable, protective family exposes children to multiple risk factors and makes them vulnerable to neglect, abuse, discrimination and exploitation. We take direct action to strengthen families and communities so they can adequately care for their children.
Some of the ways in which we help:
- Providing families with startup capital through the SACCO we started for them.
- Training young parents in parenting and household management skills
- Family counselling to resolve issues
- Access to health care services for children and nursing mothers
- Access to education for girls and boys, including school fees, school uniforms, learning materials, tutoring and after-school help
- Training and equipping parents to earn an income and create a stable home.
Family support program aims to:
- Increase the strength and resilience of families
- Support parents as they help their children achieve their full potential
- Improve community capacity to serve families with children and have needs
- Helps families make critical connections to other families and resources in the community
- Provides individualized, family-driven support that respects family culture, values, and preferences
Be part of this great cause to support the unprivileged.
Your faithful generosity allows Rescue the poor Uganda to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of many of the most vulnerable children and families in Uganda. Lives are transformed, relationships are restored, and communities are changed because of YOUR generosity.